Ground Stations System Engineer
WGS is looking for a Ground Stations System Engineer to join our Engineering Ground Stations service team at EUMETSAT (Darmstadt, Germany).
Task will include the following:
- Contribute to the management of Ground Stations and System requirements from the definition phase through the traceability, verification, validation and maintenance stages using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORs);
- Contribute to the Link budget analysis in UHF, L, S, X and Ka Band;
- Contribute to the operation and testing of RF and microwave tools and S/W package for generation of signal processing related simulations and/or semi-automated measurement procedures;
- Participate to the Ground Station operations activities during critical mission phases, pre and post launch (i.e.: SVT, LEOP, IOT and contingency).
- Contribute to the analysis and the implementation/testing of changes, or reengineering that may be required on the basis of user requirements or maintainability issues in the area of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contribute to the testing and validation of new software and firmware releases of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contribute to the remote operation and the maintenance of EUMETSAT Ground Stations in the areas of:
- Monitoring & Control and S/W applications;
- Transfer protocols for the spacecraft telemetry, telecommand and mission data
- Contribute to the coordination of the maintenance activities with the Ground Stations provision and maintenance providers and the investigations and rectification of anomalies.
The Key Person shall have the following attributes and skills:
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (i.e., telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent) or the equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the ground stations systems and subsystems engineering (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition).
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
- Fluency in English
- Ground Stations requirements engineering cycle (including DOORS)
- Space to Ground and Ground to Space Link budget analysis
- Standard RF and microwave tools and S/W package for generation of signal processing related simulations and/or semiautomated measurement procedures
- Ground Stations payload data processing SW applications (e.g. data consolidators, demultiplexers, data integrity systems, etc…)
- CCSDS Space Link Extension configuration and debugging
- Conversant with CCSDS and/or ECSS standards
- In Orbit Test (IOT) systems
- Technical follow-up of upgrades or evolutions of operations ground stations including IV&V
- Diagnosis, debugging and technical assessment of ground stations hardware and software failures
- Configuration and testing of all TT&C and Payload data reception Ground Stations related systems (e.g. LNA, F&T, Frequency converters, SSPA, TLTs, RF switches, antenna modulators/demodulator, tracking systems, ACU, etc)
- Conversant with configuration management of hardware and software systems
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Europass format, either through the website or by emailing the WGS recriutment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The poistion is open until filled.
September 17, 2021