WGS is looking for a Ground Stations System Engineer to join our team of on-site consultants at EUMETSAT (Darmstadt, Germany).
Task will include the following:
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of Ground Station operations.
- Contribute to the update of the EPS-GS (EUMETSAT Polar System - Second Generation) Ground Segment Requirements Document and other technical documents.
- Contribute to the EPS-SG Mission Control and Operations and Payload Data Acquisition and Processing in the areas of Ground Stations.
- Provide technical expertise for clarifications, actions, and inputs related to Ground Stations system and sub-system technical topics.
- Provide technical expertise on ground stations for IVV activities and supported the IVV team in the definition of test procedures.
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of TTCS operations.
- Contribute to antenna tracking campaigns and analyse space-to-ground link performance.
- Participate in the planning, preparation and execution of Radio Frequency Compatibility Tests.
- Investigate and provide technical know-how regarding Ground Station anomalies.
- Provide specialist technical know-how on the design and operation of EPS-SC Ground stations to Mission Control and Operations verification and validation activities.
- Provide technical expertise to any necessary ad-hoc technical and management meetings, including anomaly review boards.
The Key Person shall have the following attributes and skills:
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (i.e., telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent) or the equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the ground stations systems and subsystems engineering (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition).
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Europass format, either through the website or by emailing the WGS recriutment team at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 9th June 2021.