WGS Workgroup Solutions GmbH is looking for a Cost Engineering to join its Engineering Team for our customer EUMETSAT. The successful candidate will be based at the Customer's headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
The Candidate shall contribute to the overall engineering activities in the following areas:
- Report on the understanding of the EUMETSAT requirements for the future cost database
- Report on the analysis of historical cost data from passed and ongoing
programmes, and identifying the main elements leading to cost overrun
- Define and maintain the requirements for a cost database.
- Ensure the trade-off between internal development and procurement of an already existing database.
- Propose roadmap for future development of the cost estimation package (database and tool).
- To provide effective management of the service.
- Participate in continuous updates of the service plan with key milestones (schedule) and change tracking.
- Ensure service compliance with the Customer's policies and business continuity based on a continuously updated service capacity plan
- Contribute to regular service status reports, service documentation.
Skills and Experience
The Key Person shall have the following experience and background:
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Engineering - industrial engineering etc.) or the equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Programme cost controlling, cost analysis
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office tools (EXCEL, Word including MS Project)
- At least 5 years' experience in database creation/implementation/use
- Experience of space programmes, preferably in the domain of Earth Observation
- Experience in complex public/international organisations
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills at different levels and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks and good ability to provide system level overviews
- Ability to work within diverse team environment
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Word format (*.docx) from the website or in PDF (*.pdf) format by emailing the WGS recruitment team at email@example.com before 05.06.2023.
May 19, 2023