We are looking for a Data Processing Systems and Applications Engineer to join our team.
The position is on a permanent basis, starting foreseen on 1 July 2023.
The successful candidate will be based at EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, providing service in the area of the Data Processing Facilities in the EUMETSAT Polar Systems (EPS) and Meteosat Second Generation (MSG) Ground Segments.
The tasks will include:
- Requirements engineering in DOORS for data processing requirements. This includes review, specification and refinement of existing requirements, their up-traces to parent Ground Segment specifications, justifications and verification methods.
- Ensure coherency of requirements with algorithms specifications.
- Definition of ICDs between data processing elements and other GS functions.
- Definition of Testing and Operational scenarios for data processing elements.
- Definition of data processing concepts and trade-offs to support requirements understanding and justification.
- Contribution to management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements.
- Contribution to refinement of ICD.
- Contribution to testing, integration and acceptance of data processing elements.
- Contribution to formal reviews and technical meetings.
- Contribution to anomaly investigation.
- Contribution to preparation of TN in the frame of system evolutions.
- Contribution to preparation of supporting material for the presentation of the evolutions in the corresponding boards.
The Key Person shall have the following attributes and skills:
- Relevant experience in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems considering the systems engineering aspects of data processing management and data provision.
- Requirements engineering process, including relation between requirements, ICDs, design and testing documentation.
- Relevant experience in monitoring and implementation of designs against requirement baselines and IV&V, testing and formal acceptance.
- The ability to maintain a system overview is essential. This ability must be exercised within a multi-disciplinary context in cooperation with other teams, covering several different data processing levels and instruments.
- Ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of data processing systems. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
- Systematic approach to work, be able to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
The knowledge and experience of as many as possible of the following areas will be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management.
- Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards.
- Relevant experience with L0/L1/L2 processing software for Earth Observation missions, either for operations/maintenance or specification and development.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the consultants must be able to work effectively in this language.