We are looking for a full time System IVV Engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be based at EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, providing service in the field of system engineering.
The Key Person shall have the following experience and background:
- University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of engineering of space and/or ground systems, in the area of Earth Observation Satellites, including end to end data processing aspects.
- Ability to analyse systems from an end-to-end perspective (combined space and ground segment), understand relevant details while keeping the focus on the overall system aspects and to present the results in a comprehensible way.
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to document system interfaces for complex satellite systems.
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
- Experience with the design and maintenance of System Interface Control Documents, Interface Management Plans, and Interface Requirements Documents.
- The key person should also be able to contribute to general system engineering activities such as:
- System requirement maintenance and traceability activities.
- Documentation of system design and justification.
- Ad hoc internal reviews.
- System level formal reviews.
- Ground segment level activities as required.
- Preparation and execution of IV&V activities and tools including support for the preparation of tests plans, tests procedures, tests reports, tests execution and logistics.
The following experience would be additional assets:
- Experience with DOORs.
- Experience with CORE modelling tool.
- Good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. C++, Fortran,...).
- Experience working with UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Experience at coordinating and definition of technical interfaces with the external partners and service providers.
- Organise / hold meetings and workshops with external and major internal interface partners to establish and maintain interface details / agreements.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the consultants must be able to work effectively in this language.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Europass format,
either through the website or by emailing the WGS recriutment team at
The poistion is open until filled.