We are looking for a full time testing and IVV Engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be based at EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, providing service for the EPS-SG / CO2M program in the field of testing, integration, verification and validation, and ops preparation engineering.
The tasks will include:
- Creation and maintenance of the IV&V system data circulation test procedures mainly within the PDAP (Payload Data Acquisition and Processing).
- Coordination and conduction of the System Data Circulation tests with external entities (ie. partners and industry such as ESA, CNES, DLR) as well as internally with EUMETSAT teams (e.g. other Ground Segment facilities and Multi-Mission-Elements -MME- teams). Participation in TRR and TRB meetings as required,
- Consolidation of the test results, generation of test reports and performance of the necessary analysis.
- Contribution to the in-house development and validation of test tools and their maintenance
- Contribution to the acceptance of test tools and test data provided by industry (such as ESA, CNES, DLR), i.e. instrument data simulator and ground processor prototype.
- Maintenance of the Verification Control Matrix (VCM) in DOORs in the areas of PDAP, SDAs, SSIS, Regional Mission and McMurdo.
- Support the Space Segment area, such S/C platform and Instrument as required
The Key Person shall have the following experience and background:
- University degree in the domain of engineering, physics or equivalent.
- Proven experience in the verification and validation of large complex systems, with at least 3 years of general experience with on-ground processing of data from satellite instruments for Earth observation.
- Hands-on involvement in data circulation V&V activities including generation of test plan, test specification, procedures and test reports for end-to-end processing chains.
- Some experience with definition and development of test tools and generation of test data sets.
- System requirements management and functional/architectural modelling, with support of tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Configuration Control processes and tools.
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
Knowledge in the following areas is considered as an advantage:
- Linux and shell scripting
- experience with Java and Python
- be able to fulfil the assigned tasks without supervision and systematic approach to work, be able to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation;
- good communication skills (verbal and written) and be willing to work in a team of engineers and in cooperation with industry and partner agencies.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English, knowledge of French being an advantage.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Europass format,
either through the website or by emailing the WGS recriutment team at
The poistion is open until filled.