Ground Stations Engineer
WGS Workgroup Solutions GmbH is looking for a Ground Stations Engineer to join its Engineering Team for our customer EUMETSAT. The successful candidate will be based at EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Routine (non-routine) service to maintenance activities.
- Contribute to the analysis and the implementation/testing of changes, or re-engineering that may be required on the basis of user requirements or maintainability issues in the area of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contribute to the testing and validation of new software and firmware releases of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contribute to the remote operation and the maintenance of EUMETSAT Ground Stations in the areas of:
- Monitoring & Control and S/W applications.
- Transfer protocols for the spacecraft telemetry, telecommand and mission data.
- Contribute to the planning and scheduling of the regular ground Station maintenance activities within ongoing operational constraints.
- Participate to the discussions at technical level with the Ground Stations site provision and maintenance providers and coordinate the maintenance activities with them.
- Contribute to the coordination of investigations and rectification of anomalies reported by the operations/maintenance team and interface with manufacturers if necessary, for anomaly correction (and verification).
- Contribute to the generation of status reports about the performance of the ground stations and associated systems and subsystems.
- Participate to the daily/weekly operations coordination meetings and interface with operational representative(s) as required.
- Participate to the Ground Station operations activities during critical mission phases, pre and post launch.
- Contribute to the updating and maintenance of the automated operational Ground stations procedures and related databases.
- Provision of on-call support, when required.
- Travel as required.
Skills and Experience
The Key Person shall have the following experience and background:
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (i.e., telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent) or the equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the ground stations systems and subsystems engineering (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition).
- Knowledge of Ground Stations requirements engineering cycle (including DOORS)
- Experience of technical follow-up of upgrades or evolutions of operations ground stations including IV&V
- Experience of In Orbit Test (IOT) systems
- Experience of diagnosis, debugging and technical assessment of ground stations hardware and software failures
- Knowledge of configuration and testing of all TT&C and Payload data reception Ground Stations related systems (e.g. LNA, F&T, Frequency converters, SSPA, TLTs, RF switches, antenna modulators/demodulator, tracking systems, ACU, etc)
- Experience of Ground Stations M&C systems (preferably based on Dataminer)
- Ground Stations payload data processing SW applications (e.g. data consolidators, demultiplexers, data integrity systems, etc…)
- Knowledge of CCSDS Space Link Extension configuration and debugging
- Conversant with CCSDS and/or ECSS standards
- Conversant with configuration management of hardware and software systems
- Contribute to Space to Ground and Ground to Space Link budget analysis
- Linux/Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, SNMP, serial based communication protocols
- Knowledge of C++ and Java programming languages and XML
- Long-term maintainability of ground stations software applications
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter in Europass format by emailing the WGS recruitment team at email@example.com before 06.04.2023.
March 28, 2023